Last updated: 14/05/2018
The Data Controller is Farm and Pet Place Ltd, Quinton Hazell Enterprise Park, Glan Y Wern Road, Mochdre, Conwy, LL28 5BS. The Data Controller will be referred to in this policy as “we”, “our”,“us” or the “site”.
How are we allowed to use your personal information?
The law allows us to collect and use your personal information for a number of legal reasons. Generally, we collect and use personal information where:
- you have given consent;
- you have entered into a contract with us;
- it is necessary to perform our statutory duties;
- it is required by law;
- it is necessary for employment purposes;
- you made your information publicly available; or
- it is necessary for legal cases.
If you have given consent to use your personal information, you have the right to remove it at any time. If you want to remove consent, please contact GDPR@farmandpetplace.co.uk or update your preferences.
Using the Website
What information do we collect and why?
When you visit the Site we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, and time zone. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site - including searches made. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
When you sign up for our newsletter or enter a prize draw/competition you may be asked for some essential information including first name, surname, postal address, email address, phone number.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers or PayPal payment details), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Process your online orders including sending order confirmation and delivery information via email;
- Communicate with you;
- Respond to any issues or queries via the customer service advisor teams; and/or
- Notify you about changes to our service.
- Speed up your form filling processes if you've registered online;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services;
- Improve the level of service we provide using a third party, independent review site such as Feefo; and
- Provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications on other websites we believe may be of interest to you based on past visits to our website using cookies.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimise our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing Your Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site, and Olark for live chat. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We will also share your name, address, order number, email address, special delivery instructions, telephone number (if opted in) and email address with our delivery partners to ensure safe delivery of your order to you. These will only be used to deliver the goods to you and keep you informed of the progress of your order, and will never be used for any marketing.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Visiting us in store
What information do we collect and why?
When you visit our stores, your image will be recorded on CCTV. This is for security purposes only.
If you log onto our guest wifi, we will capture some device details for managing the network only. The details we capture are the general service being used (browsing, video streaming, torrenting, etc), MAC, device name, device OS, data usage and when the device was last seen. These are kept for the last month, and will not be used for any marketing, targeting or analytics. We can’t see the specific websites you visit or any other details of your web usage.
Should you buy any restricted product such as licensed medication, we are required by law to keep a log of your name and address and details of the prescription.
The use of a coupon issued by a third party such as a supplier coupon with a discount amount, or loyalty coupon issuing free bags does contain some personal information which we handle. In these cases, we are the data processor for the supplier and have no control over the information being requested or the terms of their coupon. We take care in handling these and are securely stored and then sent to the suppliers for their processing. No information stays with us, and we won’t use this for marketing - although the supplier may if you are informed and have consented. All mandatory information on the coupon must be completed - otherwise, we cannot accept the coupon as a form of payment in our stores.
If you have a credit account, we will capture your name, address, telephone number, email address, references, bank details for direct debit as well as information about your purchases and payments. This is only to enable us to manage your credit account and take the appropriate payments.
Any orders that require a delivery service, we will capture your name, address, delivery instructions and phone number which will be shared with our delivery partners. This will only be used to keep you informed about the status of your order and to deliver your order to you.
Finally, should you decide to sign up for a competition or mailing list while in store, we will capture your name, email address and the store you were visiting. This will be used for marketing purposes, but only with your consent.
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information is corrected, updated, restricted or deleted, and to object to any direct marketing.
You have the right to receive a structured common and machine-readable format of Personal Data you provided us.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) - see below for their details.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
How long we hold your information?
We only retain the information:
- for the shortest length of time we need the information for;
- to defend/engage in a legal claim; or
- until there’s no legal reason for the use/retention of your information
Sharing your information
Your information may be shared with our carefully selected data processors, who help us deliver services to you. This is strictly controlled and there are arrangements in place to ensure that there is an agreement with the processor. This is to make sure that they comply with data protection laws and they have adequate processes and safeguards in place to protect your privacy.
We may also share your personal information when we feel there’s a good reason that’s more important than protecting your privacy. This is extremely rare but could happen for example to find and stop crime or fraud.
How do we protect your information?
We’ll do what we can to make sure that if we hold records about you (on a paper or electronic filing system) that we do so in a secure way, and we will only make them available to those who have a right to see them. Some measures we take are:
- Encrypting your personal information. When you place an order or access your account information, your information will be encrypted when sent through to us. A secure server encrypts all of the information you input before it is sent to us. This protects your confidential data, particularly your credit card details from unauthorised use.
- Keeping your information up-to-date and accurate. Please note that, to do this, we require you to tell us if any of your details such as your name or address change.
- Having in place strict security procedures for the storage and disclosure of your information to prevent unauthorised access.
- Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Training for our staff allows us to make them aware of how to handle information and how and when to report when something goes wrong.
Protecting your security
To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the law.
What about Children?
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 16. We will refuse any services that require us to capture personal information of a person under the age of 16.
I have some questions...
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Farm & Pet Place Quinton Hazell Enterprise Parc, Glan-y-Wern Road, Colwyn Bay, Conwy, LL28 5BS, United Kingdom
Where can I get advice?
For independent advice and data protection, privacy and data sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113