- 1200D Ripstop
- Combo Neck
- Waterproof and breathable outer
- Waterproof taped seams
- Cross surcingles and leg straps
- 220g polyfill filling
- Weatherbeeta Logo
WHY RUG YOUR HORSE?
Rugs are mainly used to protect horses from changeable weather conditions and climates. Providing your horse with the best fit, comfort and protection is vital for your peace of mind. The correct rug choice will help to regulate your horse's body temperature and maintain a healthy condition.
It is important that the rug fits correctly as a poorly fitted rug can cause rubbing and discomfort. A well fitted rug will keep your horse warm, comfortable and protected.
Rug Fitting Guide:
Please make sure you choose the correct size rug for your horse. Rugs are usually measured in three inch increments. Measure your horse from the centre of the chest around the body to the rear of the quarters. If your horse is between sizes, choose the bigger size.
1. Lay the rug over your horse’s back. If your horse has never worn a rug before, you may need assistance to help hold your horse while you buckle the chest straps.
2. Once you are certain that the rug fits well around the neck, slide the rug into position along your horse’s back so that the rug lies flat. If the seam between the tail flap and the rug sits below the top of the tail, the rug may be too big.
3. Take the left leg strap, pass between the hind legs and fasten it on the left hand side.
3a. Take the right leg strap, pass it between the hind legs and through the loop made by the left strap and fasten to the right hand side.
3b. The leg straps are linked to prevent rubbing and act with each other to pull the rug into place. If you fit the rug well it will displace very little through movement and rolling. If the leg straps are too loose, the rug will slip.
3c. Adjust the leg straps equally until there is room for the width of one hand (4-5'') between the leg straps and the horse's thigh. This is to allow freedom of movement.
4. When fitting a rug with cross surcingles, care should be taken to ensure that the straps of the surcingle cross in the centre of the horse's belly - well forward of the horse's stifle. Again, there should be a hand's breadth between the straps and the horse's body.
Remove excess dirt with sponge or cloth. Place the rug in a mesh wash bag to contain all straps and buckles. If machine washing, remove all detergent build-up from detergent dispenser. Max temp should be 30C/85F on a gentle cycle using mild soap or a reputable or recommended rug wash such as Nikwax Rugwash in a front loading washer only. Do not use detergents or fabric conditioners as you risk compromising the unique waterproof and breathable coating. Line Dry. Do not tumble dry or dry clean. Do Not use bleach.
For best results, re-proof your rug to add durable water repellency and revitalise breathability. Use a reputable and recommended rug proofer such as Nikwax Rug Proof.
All sizes 4’0 - 7’3 in colours: Navy/Silver/Red, Penguin Print and Grey/Violet/Yellow are available on line
Penguin Print 5'6 - 6'9 also available in store
Grey/Violet/Yellow 5'0 - 6'9 also available in store
Ripstop outer shell with polyester Lining