When you’re eating your pancakes this Shrove Tuesday you’ll probably find your pooch staring up at you begging for their own pancake. Although human pancakes can be consumed by dogs, it is advised only in small amounts, and you must be careful to avoid any chocolate, grapes or raisins as all these are toxic to your dog. However, if your looking to make some special pancakes for dogs, we have the perfect recipe:
Ingredients (Makes about 20 x 9 cm pancakes for dogs)
- 3 medium sized potatoes (with skins on)
- ½ cup of milk
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Sour cream or cottage cheese (to serve with the pancakes, not to make them)
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for about 30 minutes or until nice and tender.
- Separate the yolk from the egg whites of the 2 medium eggs.
- Mash your potatoes and mix in the 2 egg yolks and ½ cup milk until smooth.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the mashed potatoes mix.
- Melt half the butter into a frying pan and when nice and hot, spoon a ping pong ball sized amount of mashed potato mix into the pan.
- Flatten the lump slightly with spatula and allow it to brown well on both sides.
- Repeat this process with the rest of the mixture making sure to melt the butter in the pan before making each new pancake.
- Serve with sour cream or cottage cheese.
(Credit to K9 Puppy Dogs for the pancakes for dogs recipe)
If you have any suggestions or improvements for the recipe, please comment below. We’d love to see any photos or videos that you may have of your dog enjoying their pancakes and we may even share them across our social media pages with all our followers (with your permission of course)!