To celebrate National Puppy Day on 23rd March, Pet Place has decided to dedicate the whole month to the squishy little balls of fluff!! We have loads of in-store and online deals including: beds; food; treats; toys and much more to ensure they are happy and settled in their new forever home.
We also invite you to come and meet our staff on Saturday who can give you plenty of advice and point you in the direction of these fantastic deals…although, secretly, they’ll just be wanting a puppy snuggle!
Why not post pictures of your mischievous little tinkers on our Facebook page with a funny caption and possibly win the chance to have them featured on our Pet Place Instagram page – perhaps they’ll get more likes than Scrappy Doo!!!
Deals On Offer:
- Puppy Training Pads 30 pack – 2 for £15.99 (normally £8.99 each)
- Puppy Training Treats Mint or Vanilla – 3 for 2 (should be £1.49)
- Small Black Dog Crate – free pack of 30 Puppy Training Pads (should be £8.99)
- Dr Green Grain Free Chicken Puppy Food 2kg – £9.99 (should be £11.99)
- Buy a Little Petface Mattress or Oval Bed & Get a Little Petface Toy for free
- Little Petface Dog Toy – 3 for 2
- Little Petface Collar/Lead Set or Harness – 10% off
- Buy the Small Twin Bowl Raised Feeder £27.99 – Get a Blue/Pink Rubber Feed Mat Free (should be £7.99)
Why Do We Recommend These Products..
- Dog Crate – Crating puppies has been proven to make them feel secure in a new home by allowing them to feel like they have a safe place to call their own. Never lock a puppy in a crate as a punishment or they will start to resent it, instead entice them in with a treat or toy and leave the puppy to wander in and out as they please until they decide that it is their happy place.
- Puppy Training Pads – Until puppies are fully house trained expect them to have a few accidents inside. To help with this, put a puppy training pad on the floor to encourage them to go there until they learn to ask to go outside. Slowly move the puppy pad closer to the door until your pup learns that when it’s time to go he/she just needs to sit by the door. They are also good to put inside the crates if you decide you want to crate train your puppy. Never scold a little one for having an accident in the house, it’s down to us to pay extra attention to them when they start crying or circling. It is a good idea to get into a routine of taking them out every half an hour and praising them a lot when they go outside. They will soon learn that if they go outside they get a cuddle and a treat.
- Puppy Treats – These can be perfect for encouraging good behaviour such as toilet training or just a way of showing your new best friend how much you love them. We recommend puppy specific treats as they are smaller and therefore easier to chew and digest. They can also contain more vitamins and minerals to help them grow strong and healthy.
- Dr Green Grain Free Puppy Food – Grain free means it’s easier to digest and packed out with nutritious sweet potato, carrots & peas rather than wheat, making it more palatable. The added vegetables contain vitamins and minerals contributing to a healthy immune system as they grow into adulthood. It has added chondroitin and glucosamine to support the growing bones and help keep the joints supple and mobile. Omega 3 will add a wonderful shine to the coat and help with any skin conditions. It is also suitable for puppies who are intolerant to wheat, which is becoming much more common. No preservatives or artificial colours are included.
- Little Petface Bed – We believe it is important to always have a comfortable bed for your new puppy that fits him or her perfectly. They need enough space to stretch out yet still feel protected when a little out of their comfort zone…it’s a big thing going to live with a new family you know! This is why both the Little Petface Mattress or Oval Bed are perfect.
- Raised Feeder Bowl – A little more expensive, but studies have proven that feeding your puppy from a higher position and carrying it on into their adulthood helps to prevent bloating. It is a much more natural position for them to feed from rather than bending their head down and scoffing their food. It is also said to help with older dogs who suffer from arthritis, they don’t have to reach down as far to get their food.
- Little Petface Collar/Lead Set & Harness – It is important to get your dog used to wearing a collar and walking on a lead from a young age. All dogs should wear a collar when outside and, until properly trained by you, should walk on a lead unless they are in a closed off and safe area. If you’re struggling with training your puppy to walk obediently on the lead pop into one of our stores and ask a member of staff for some advice on training leads and headcollars.
- Puppy Toys – Puppies love to explore new things with their mouths and the range of Little Petface toys offer a variety of toys to excite their senses. From teething rings to balls to plush toys that provide them with comfort during nap time – we have the right playmate for every little pup.
So bring your newest member of the family to one of our stores and treat him or her to a few new necessities to help them settle into their new life. We understand that buying everything in one go can be expensive so do peruse the aisles, chat to our staff and check out the deals we’ve put on to help our little friends feel right at home. All in the name of National Puppy Day!